Scobee Education Center
Scobee Education Center (SEC) is a STEM education center located at San Antonio College just north of downtown San Antonio, TX. SEC houses the Challenger Learning Center, Scobee Planetarium, Observatory, Powell Star Deck, classrooms and galleries.
Challenger Learning Center San Antonio
The Challenger Learning Center offers TEKS based STEM education to ages pre-K and up. Simulated missions to space immerse participants in teamwork, communication and STEM space science as they become scientists, engineers and astronauts.
Any of our simulated missions can also be customized for groups, parties and corporate team building events. Contact us for more information.
- Expedition Mars, our new mission! The Martian explorers will investigate the geology of Mars and the technology that will get us there.
- Lunar Quest, a challenging mission that takes the crew to the moon. The scientists, engineers and astronauts explore the geology of the moon, it’s resources and health, navigation, robotic rovers and safety of the crew.
- Earth Odyssey, participants become mission control specialists and astronauts in the ISS as they problem solve and investigate the Earth’s spheres.
- Micronaut Mission is a program for our littlest astronauts grades Pre-K to 4th. Participants become astronauts on the ISS and explore hands on STEM activities in stations.
Teachers bringing a group to either a Mission or Micronauts are required to attend a Pre-Mission Training before their trip. To make a reservation, please fill out this form and submit it to sac-ScobeeCtr@alamo.edu : Micronaut Registration form 2022-2023 CLC Registration form 2022-2023
Associate Director of Instruction – Andrea Montano
Academic Education Specialist/Flight Director – Brittany Garcia
Academic Education Specialist- Ellen White
Academic Education Specialist- Deanna Villarreal
Reservations Email – Reservations and Requests for Missions
Built in 1961 the Scobee Planetarium, named after SAC alumnus, astronaut, and commander of the space shuttle Challenger Francis “Dick” Scobee, is a true gem of San Antonio College. To make a reservation email our center with your contact information, group information, desired dates and desired show.
See the planetarium public show schedule, events and more at:
- Scobee Planetarium at San Antonio College
- Planetarium Coordinator – Michelle Risse
Planetarium Staff – Augustine Frkuska
Follow us on Facebook , Instagram, Twitter, or our Youtube for the latest information and news!